Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Bridge saw v traditional wet cutter in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reactions
393 1
Hello all

What are the benefits of a bridge saw over a “normal” push though electric cutter. ?

Are the cuts better for all tile types. I mainly use a grinder and the rubi nd 200.

What would the advantage of a bridge saw over these. Are the cuts better on ceramic and porcelain tiles?

S

Spare Tool

Imo, big things to cart around and set up so unless your doing metres and metres of stone jobs I'd stick with the grinder and wetsaw...
Looked into getting one last year for a big limestone floor and came to the conclusion it would just end up gathering dust in the shed after that so ended up with a Rubi Tc180 which is more compact and cuts as well as a bridge saw with water feed attachment..

timeless john

Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
16,212 153 1
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Dewalt 2400 - only cutter you need!

B

Bill

I have a 1200 bridge saw and it is invaluable on big stone jobs. Any stone over 15mm thick it is a doddle to use. All cuts are perfect and no chipping. Yes, it can get messy with the water spray but if you are outside or in a designated indoor cutting space then it is no bother with cleaning up.

Setting up a raked cut is fast and efficient. The ability to plunge cut is also a bonus.

I don't think a dewalt 2400 can cut a 1200 tile in half

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
1,982 2
I don't think a dewalt 2400 can cut a 1200 tile in half
I've cut 1200 planks in my d24000. This video also shows you a way to deal with bigger tiles but i've yet to try it. Skip to 3:42

O

One Day

I sold my 1200 montolit bridge saw years ago, sold my dewalt recently too. Just didn't use them enough.
I manage perfectly with good grinders, good blades and a Raimondi gs86 if I absolutely must wet cut.

B

Bill

I've cut 1200 planks in my d24000. This video also shows you a way to deal with bigger tiles but i've yet to try it. Skip to 3:42
That video doesn't show a 1200 square tile being cut in half. That is the limitation of the tool and others like it.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reactions
393 1
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all for the replies. Food for thought

Reactions
I use a Battipav plus 1300, massive, heavy, expensive, takes ages to clean, ditto set up properly, but it works well. It is only a matter of time before dry angle grinder cutting is banned from site work. Dust control is already very problematic.

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
1,982 2
That video doesn't show a 1200 square tile being cut in half. That is the limitation of the tool and others like it.

True Tom, i hadn't actually thought of larger square tiles, only thought back to what i had used it which were thinner plank style tiles. Doh!

Reply to Bridge saw v traditional wet cutter in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)

Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters | Large Format Cutters and Tools

Click here to support the forum/remove ads

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, we hope you find the tiling tools you're looking for. You're welcome to post a new thread yourself asking where the best place is to find the tool or cutter. Our forum members will do their best too find the best tool supplier for you, with the cheapest prices.

Finding Tile Cutters such as Rubi, Sigma, Riamondi and Montolit at the cheapest prices is one of the best investments you can make. The cutters you use will last for years, if not decades. So it's important you buy the right rail cutter or wet cutter right from the start, at the lowest possible price.

We also have a Electricians Forums and Electricians Tools advice. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.