Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Electric Tile Cutter For Slate in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

S

stevesmith89

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello fellow Tilers, I am in need of assistance as I am doing a 26m slate floor job, the electric cutter I hired is not up to task, what are the advantages/disadvantages between table top electric cutters to rail mounted tile saw benches? The one I hired is a 110v table top, but I am now looking to buy one ideally for £400 or less and have been pondering over various cutters all day! The 3 that have caught my eye are the table top rubi ND 200, the rubi DU 200 BL (reservations as this is stated as a basic line tool) and the vitrex pro power 900. If anyone has used any of these then please comment, or is it a case of buying a cheapish cutter and spending money on say a Marcrist diamond blade? Any help is appreciated

OP
S

stevesmith89

Sorry forgot to mention they are 600x400mm and thickness varies but thickest so far has been about 25mm

OP
S

stevesmith89

Would they not require some kind of support as they are quite large and also should I go for 110v or 240v as it's a private job so there is mains power

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've cut 600 on mine no problem. ..really strong motors in them.....If your going for a bridge saw or rail cutter then the cheaper ones tend to struggle and wonder of line....240 or 110 would depend if you do much site work.

OP
S

stevesmith89

I would say 80% of my work is on site however they have never required a wet cutter as it's never been anything more than porcelain out on site which my manual cutters handle no problem and I was told earlier that a 110v has less power than a 240v (unsure if this is true or not)

OP
W

White Room

It's really more about the blade you have in the cutter, I have an ND200 and wanged some stuff through that.

OP
S

stevesmith89

Hi whitebeam that's what I suspected, so would a cheapish cutter with a decent blade do it or should I just bite the bullet and get the ND 200 and a decent blade? (Great believer in buy cheap you buy twice)

OP
S

stevesmith89

Thanks I was going to ask about the Norton cutters as I believe they're the ones that CTD sell?

Reply to Electric Tile Cutter For Slate in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock