Search the forum,

Discuss Dural Durabase C++ Matting Or Schluter Ditra Matting? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

ditra for me, I used to use dural until they had the problem with it delaminating, I know that's been resolved now but I kinda lost faith in it after that.

blimey, that was a looooooong time ago Doug........

put it like this, we sold in excess of 7000m2 last year of CI++, probably more the year before that, and the again the previous 2 years.....

We have had not 1 single come back on CI++ for over 4 years.

D

Dougs Third Go

put it like this, we sold in excess of 7000m2 last year of CI++, probably more the year before that, and the again the previous 2 years.....

that's good to hear Lee, it was quite a stressful event when I had a failure with it, wouldn't want anyone else to go through it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

It is actually good to hear that coming from a supplier of it.

Pretty sure teething problems were to blame and the few jobs that went belly up would have been awesome jobs for their tech guys to dig their nails into. Quite possibly literally.

J

J Sid

Some of us have long memories.
I said I would never buy another Datsun, we now have one under its new name.
Give us time Lee, we may try them again sometime ;)

alan71

TF
Unfortunately for me I had one of the faulty membranes fitted. Dural was a complete nightmare! Whilst they said they would put everything right they did not, I had a meeting with their managing director who verbally abused me in my own home and continued to shout insults at me as he went down my street back to his car. Formal letters of complaint where met with arrogant replies inviting me to sue them! If only I had the money I would have loved to. So in my experience Dural should be avoided at all costs. It's easily the worst company I have ever dealt with.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
Ditra all day long for me. I've used four different mats all purchased by the customer/designer themselves and the cost difference has been minimal, one blue one I used last year looked like it had a coat of cotton wool on either side
so why stray from something that has been about for donkeys and does what it says on the tin

M

MW Smith Ceramics

We can supply adhesives , grout , trims and generally all things tile!!! Various manufacturers to choose from.

Anyone used Norcross adhesives?
Okay Adam,

What's your website ?......yeah I used Norcross for years when I worked for a big
Well we find their after sales service and technical advice very good what do you guys pay for say a rapid set flex in grey 20kg?
Well we find their after sales service and technical advice very good what do you guys pay for say a rapid set flex in grey 20kg?

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
We can supply adhesives , grout , trims and generally all things tile!!! Various manufacturers to choose from.

Anyone used Norcross adhesives?

I used to use Norcross for a period of time until one pallet I had began to set in the bucket after about ten minutes of mixing, and another time they delivered a pallet to a job in prestbury when I needed it in Warrington, their mistake but they would not collect so I had to get 48 bags in a VW caddy in one go back to wazza.
Needless to say if they was the last adhesive manufacturers on the planet I would be an artificial inseminator on a turkey farm instead.
I'd rather use bal(sarcasm)

Reply to Dural Durabase C++ Matting Or Schluter Ditra Matting? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement