Search the forum,

Discuss Dural Durabase C++ Matting Or Schluter Ditra Matting? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

alan71

TF
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me I had one of the faulty membranes fitted. Dural was a complete nightmare! Whilst they said they would put everything right they did not, I had a meeting with their managing director who verbally abused me in my own home and continued to shout insults at me as he went down my street back to his car. Formal letters of complaint where met with arrogant replies inviting me to sue them! If only I had the money I would have loved to. So in my experience Dural should be avoided at all costs. It's easily the worst company I have ever dealt with.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ditra all day long for me. I've used four different mats all purchased by the customer/designer themselves and the cost difference has been minimal, one blue one I used last year looked like it had a coat of cotton wool on either side
so why stray from something that has been about for donkeys and does what it says on the tin

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I voted dural although I have used both just more Dural then ditra. I completely understand why anyone who suffered when dural had their problem would never touch it again.

O

Old Mod

I do like the added mesh on Dural I must admit, and it works well.
I just prefer Schluter products in general, so tend to sick with Ditra!

A

Adam Marsh

We use both on a regular basis and touch wood never had issues with either.
At the end of the day we are all here to earn money so it just comes down to cost for me, and CI is the cheaper of the 2!

B

bcd-87

At my local supplier they sell BALrapid matt.... I'm considered old school and behind with product knowledge as I still use Ditra.. I understand the mechanics of it and to my knowledge Iv never had a problem I would use Dura base if the Topps ***** tile was closer to my house

A

Adam Marsh

We supply both and deliver next day direct to your home or job so no need to go and collect

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Ditra always for me, I find it quicker and easier to lay than anything else and I can get it for less than £8 per metre including vat & delivery from a company called The Tile Experience

A

Adam Marsh

That's not bad but still to dear in my book.
What you paying for adhesives etc? What brand you using?

Reply to Dural Durabase C++ Matting Or Schluter Ditra Matting? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen