Search the forum,

Discuss drytreat stain-proof in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dgman

I have recently received a sample of drytreat with a view to possible use in sealing my limestone flooring project and i would be interested in comments from all who have had experience with this product.

I have done some stain tests and my findings are that it provides better stain protection than ltp mattestone.

P

peckers

I have used the drytreat products not all of them. They seem to be very good, i tested it against ltp product on the same piece of tile applying it on each half being careful not to go over the edges and it looks like the dry treat is absorbed further into the stone. Also after just only one coat if you put water on it, it is as if the water is being forced apart and you get lots of little droplets(like when you bang the bubble in your level) and they seem to roll arounfd on the tile.
Good stuff in my oppinion but it is potent need to open all windows and doors! :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I have recently received a sample of drytreat with a view to possible use in sealing my limestone flooring project and i would be interested in comments from all who have had experience with this product.

I have done some stain tests and my findings are that it provides better stain protection than ltp mattestone.

Can you run us through these tests..please.

D

dgman

dave,i have divided a sample tile into two halves via a strip of tape,on one half i applied four coats of ltp mattestone sealant and on the other half applied four coats of drytreat stain-proof.the application process followed the guides by each manufacturer.

the test,
after allowing 24 hours to cure i poured half a teaspoon of neat blackcurrant cordial onto both treated patches and set my timer for five minutes.when time was up each sample was blotted up with kitchen roll.

the result
ltp mattestone,visible blackcurrant stain on tile.
drytreat stain-proof,no blackcurrant stain on tile.

D

DHTiling

Nice site, so do they quarry in the uk or import blocks and manufacture in their plants..

D

dgman

dave,i visited the production factory in marholm last weekend and i can assure you that i have purchased english lincolnshire limestone.

are you suggesting otherwise?

T

Tenchman

Hi DGman i have been using Drytreat for over a year running tests against the other known sealers in my case as most of my work is on listed buildings i need to be sure otherwise big fine or worse.
I found it was easier to use as the cleaning off is simple i haven't had problems with patches getting tacky as has happened with other sealers and it allows the tiles to breathe which as most of my work is over lime screed is very important.

I tested it using a tank the middle of the tank had a piece of granite fitted this was sealed with stain-proof and filled with water the lower half had air pumped in under pressure, no water dripped through either with a granite bed or local red sandstone however the pumped air went through and bubbled up into the water.

I'm happy it does what it says and have used it to eradicate efflorescence and am in the process of getting the process validated with the likes of Historic Scotland and other heritage organisations.

Plus if an approved applicator puts it down it gets a 15 years warranty.
Cheers Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to drytreat stain-proof in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen