Search the forum,

Discuss drytreat stain-proof in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Nice site, so do they quarry in the uk or import blocks and manufacture in their plants..

D

dgman

dave,i visited the production factory in marholm last weekend and i can assure you that i have purchased english lincolnshire limestone.

are you suggesting otherwise?

T

Tenchman

Hi DGman i have been using Drytreat for over a year running tests against the other known sealers in my case as most of my work is on listed buildings i need to be sure otherwise big fine or worse.
I found it was easier to use as the cleaning off is simple i haven't had problems with patches getting tacky as has happened with other sealers and it allows the tiles to breathe which as most of my work is over lime screed is very important.

I tested it using a tank the middle of the tank had a piece of granite fitted this was sealed with stain-proof and filled with water the lower half had air pumped in under pressure, no water dripped through either with a granite bed or local red sandstone however the pumped air went through and bubbled up into the water.

I'm happy it does what it says and have used it to eradicate efflorescence and am in the process of getting the process validated with the likes of Historic Scotland and other heritage organisations.

Plus if an approved applicator puts it down it gets a 15 years warranty.
Cheers Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Some comps say they quarry when infact they import... just a question..:thumbsup:..

I was looking at the dry treat meta-crem.... looks interesting.

D

dgman

dave,please call daniel wilson on 07795 177950 at the process plant if you require further confirmation.

regards

dgman.

D

dgman

trenchman,i have also noticed that the drytreat does leave the natural matt finish better than the ltp matt,i am trying to get as much info together so as i make the correct choice.

D

dgman

dave,if i sounded a little defensive it was because i felt that you may be questioning my sincerity.

Reply to drytreat stain-proof in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen