Discuss Do I grout the pre-cuts in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

zedox

TF
Reaction score
Laid a tile in my bathroom that has been precut to make the tile appear like 4 smaller tiles. Do i grout in the precut line too? Friend suggested it isnt deep enough for the grout to hold. I reckon its about 2mm deep.

Surely its designed to be grouted?

Thanks

J

J Sid

yes grout them but be careful of what grout you use as it could dry a different colour to the normal joints. All depends on what the tile is and what is recommended on box or supplier.

H

hmtiling

Some grouts don't hold well in these joints as they're not that deep. Mapei ultra colour plus works well with them though

Reply to Do I grout the pre-cuts in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks