Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss DIY 600 X 600 porcelain: erbauer 750 Vs big clinker 2 in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Jay K

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I (DIY'er) am going to tile my bathroom and en suite and have purchased 600 X 600 porcelain tiles. Initially after reading many posts on here I was going to get a DeWalt d24000 but I can't justify the cost as I'm not a tiler plus the missus would probably use it on me if she found out the cost! :openmouth:

I am instead going to get a decent grinder (probably a Makita) and a decent ATS disc (not sure whether to get the thin turbo or turbo X?) and either of the following:

New model erbauer 750 wet tile saw with a 180mm ATS continuous rim porcelain disc

Or

Big clinker 2

What are your thoughts? I don't think I could get straighter lines just using the grinder than either of these 2.

Obviously both have their pros and cons I'm just worried that I will get a lot of breakage with the big clinker and this format of porcelain tile (negative experiences of snappers due to using cheap ones in the past).

Looking forward to your thoughts, cheers!

OP
J

Jay K

TF
Reaction score
Buy a Sigma 3C3M from @Pro Tiler Tools then sell it when you've done the job. Look after it and you'll probably only lose £50 but it'll make the job a whole lot easier.

Cheers that's food for thought. What price are the sigmas usually running at?

Would you definitely recommend a dry cutter then and is the sigma that much better than the big clinker 2?

Appreciate the feedback cheers.

W

WetSaw

If you contact @Pro Tiler Tools and say you're a forum member you'll get a good price. Is it better than a Big Clinker? Is Ronaldo better than the chubby Sunday league player from the pub?....

T

Time's Ran Out

5153D0A4-074B-480C-A574-47B97FC70623.png

OP
J

Jay K

TF
Reaction score
Cheers lads.

I know the Sigma is better I just meant is it 2-3 times better relative to the 2-3 times increase in price? From reading the reviews on Screwfix and on this forum I thought the big clinker 2 would be fine for these 10mm porcelain (matt unpolished) tiles but I'm not feeling the love for it from the feedback so far. :confused2:

Regarding the grinding disc would you go thin turbo or turbo X?

Reaction score
I recently bought Sigma 3C3M max to use with 60x60 porc. and have found it excellent. I paid about twice the cost of the big clinker, but i’m in Italy. I followed a few on ebay UK and there were plenty of bidders, they sold easily, and for high prices. After a bit of practice you should get cuts as good as the manufacturers if you give them a rub with a diamond hand pad.

OP
J

Jay K

TF
Reaction score
I recently bought Sigma 3C3M max to use with 60x60 porc. and have found it excellent. I paid about twice the cost of the big clinker, but i’m in Italy. I followed a few on ebay UK and there were plenty of bidders, they sold easily, and for high prices. After a bit of practice you should get cuts as good as the manufacturers if you give them a rub with a diamond hand pad.
Cheers Paul. I was a bit hesitant at first because I'm not a tiler, it's just for my own bathroom and I didn' really want to buy an expensive pro cutter.

However as you and others have mentioned I'll get better results and I'll be able to sell it easy. Think I'll get a Raimondi leveling system as well and hopefully these two will help me get a good finish.

Reply to DIY 600 X 600 porcelain: erbauer 750 Vs big clinker 2 in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock