Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra under timber? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

About to start on a contract, which is roughly half timber and then leads onto stone. The client has just asked if we can ditra the timber areas as well, this really is to get over the diff that could come from the levels. The substrate is new screed, I cant forsee any reason why the ditra could go underneath the timber areas, its just that Ive never come across a request like this before.

Pebbs

S

Scott

So they want timber to bring it up to level with the screed but ditra under that? Weird

P

Pebbs

Its a massive area Sottley, some areas will have oak floors others stone...yep wierd! Better all stone I think...but they love this oak mixed with the stone.

Pebbs

C

Colour Republic

I havent got a clue how its being fixed...I better ask them hadnt I?

Pebbs

I would.

If it's glued or floating I cant see a problem, assuming the ditra will get an slc over the areas to take the oak.

If they are secret nailing then I'd be pretty annoyed to turn up on a job only to find the substrate changed.

In anycase it seems an expensive way to bring the floor up to level, I guess they are just trying to save time as you will be on site anyway.

P

Pebbs

I agree Dave, but the architect wants it, so it shall be done...I love a bit of Ditra, or in this case quite a bit of Ditra!

Pebbs

Reply to Ditra under timber? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen