Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra & Rapid Set? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I thought it'd be ok, but figured i'd better check.. Floor is screed on top of concrete and suspended floor. Needs SLC too, berfore the Ditra. I only noticed the suspended floor, as there's a crack at the join, hence the Ditra.. ;-)

beanz

TF
Reaction score
If I was to use a standard set, could I lay the entire area, then work on it? Ie. setting tiles out, then fixing..

D

Dougs Third Go

If I was to use a standard set, could I lay the entire area, then work on it? Ie. setting tiles out, then fixing..
might be a bit troublesome when you want to lift a tile to check coverage as you'll pull the ditra too:thumbsup:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Is that something you've noticed while working with the different adhesives Tony? Or manufacturers recommendations?
With standard set, would I be able to set out/dry lay while it's going off? Or is there a point that I'd just have to stay off it!?! I've got a feeling I'm gonna be losing a lot of time tomorrow. :(

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
With standard set, would I be able to set out/dry lay while it's going off? Or is there a point that I'd just have to stay off it!?! I've got a feeling I'm gonna be losing a lot of time tomorrow. :(

As a rule of thumb I keep off it until set, never used standard set before but would imagine that walking on it at any point before it's set would not be good.

Reply to Ditra & Rapid Set? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen