Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra & Rapid Set? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Is that something you've noticed while working with the different adhesives Tony? Or manufacturers recommendations?
With standard set, would I be able to set out/dry lay while it's going off? Or is there a point that I'd just have to stay off it!?! I've got a feeling I'm gonna be losing a lot of time tomorrow. :(

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
With standard set, would I be able to set out/dry lay while it's going off? Or is there a point that I'd just have to stay off it!?! I've got a feeling I'm gonna be losing a lot of time tomorrow. :(

As a rule of thumb I keep off it until set, never used standard set before but would imagine that walking on it at any point before it's set would not be good.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I fix it and then dependant on size of area I stay off it and leave it till next day before fixing tiles.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys.. What a pain! Maybe I would've been better off using hardie backer for this job, rather than latexing, then waiting for it to dry, and then laying ditra and waiting for that to dry too... Oh we'll, you live and learn lol!

beanz

TF
Reaction score
SLC'd today. It was screed over concrete and suspended floor.. Cracked on join, and a couple of small cracks elsewhere on the screed.

D

Dougs Third Go

SLC'd today. It was screed over concrete and suspended floor.. Cracked on join, and a couple of small cracks elsewhere on the screed.
hardiebacker don't recommend their boards over concrete floors:thumbsup:

Reply to Ditra & Rapid Set? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen