Discuss Ditra Heat E in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

Lump

New here as of today. BTW great forum!

I'm joining in from Wisconsin USA.

I am looking for a new product called Ditra Heat E it is not available here in the states.... yet.

Anyone know where I can buy Ditra Heat E? How much is it and how many meters/square feet are on a roll. Yes I am aware that shipping is going to be a killer.

I have a link to the product from Schluters German website but can not post it yet. I am guessing it is because I do not have enough posts.

Thank you in advance for help getting this product.

Brad L. Lenz
"Sucess is a ladder that can not be climbed with your hands in your pockets"

D

DHTiling

Hi Brad , it is a post count issue to prevent spamming :)

Not heard of that product at Schluter UK yet either..

L

Lump

I asked mod. to add the link for me. Looks like a sweet new product from Schluter that I would really like to get my mud covered hands on.

D

DHTiling

This product :

[video=youtube;kLOsEPGQFWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLOsEPGQFWI[/video]

beanz

TF
Reaction score
How's everybody's German?
I'm not too sure about that. Having the probe underneath the adhesive and matting has got to give a flakey reading surely!?! The end of the cable looks like it's sitting proud too, but doubt that'd be too hard to deal with.
The actual laying looks pretty simple though, providing you make sure the matting joins together perfectly when laying it down.

D

DHTiling

How's everybody's German?
I'm not too sure about that. Having the probe underneath the adhesive and matting has got to give a flakey reading surely!?! The end of the cable looks like it's sitting proud too, but doubt that'd be too hard to deal with.
The actual laying looks pretty simple though, providing you make sure the matting joins together perfectly when laying it down.

The probe reads the substrate , thus turning up or down the heat ... what difference would the matting make ?.. there is no thermal block in these types of matting.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
The probe usually sits between the wires at the same level. It must make some difference if it's under a couple of mm of addy, and another couple of mm of plastic, although maybe it's negligable!?! It's a shame the matting isn't an insulator as well though. It'd be more use if it took the need for thermal boards out of the equation.

D

DHTiling

With it being a demo video and we are unsure how much insulation is in that screed / substrate then who knows :)..

it is basically a system for electric heating as Schluter do the wet version as well.. and i bet it costs a canny fortune as well .

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Oh, you know it won't be cheap... :)
I've used a similar concept with the wet heating. Much more of a pain to get the Polypipe to bend where you want it to though lol!

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Well this is now out in the UK. I will be ordering it for my Highgate job so will take plenty pictures. The reason I will use it is because the house has had tens of thousands spent on it and I don't fancy chucking out 3-4 buckets of slc in her en suite.

D

Dave H

Have seen adverts for this, looks like a great product, use ditra all the time, only thing unsure about,
Scluter say must be min 3mm slc between ditra and heating element, but this is in the membrane which I'm assuming is same make up as ditra

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
It must be different as it doesnt come on 30m rolls. Panels or 12.5m lengths.

edit.... 12.5 rolls lol

Last edited:

Reply to Ditra Heat E in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay