Search the forum,

Discuss Dewalt D24000, Rubi DW250N or Rubi DW250NL in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richiep

Hello all, looking at spending out on my first wet saw and want to buy once as they cost a fortune!! The dewalt seems to get high opinions from most on here, but is the pushing of the tile on the dewalt preferable to the pull of the saw on the rubi? And out of the 2 rubis i mention above, am i best to plug for the extra long version to accomodate longer tiles to save buying another saw down the line? And are these rubis a good buy too?:mad2:

G

Gazzer

Having owned both a Rubi and now the DW24000 i would say that the Dewalt wins almost everytime from quality to ease of use.
The only time the DW24000 would lose out is cutting half way through a long tile as the arm holding the motor and wheel is about 34cm away from the wheel itself which gives limitations.
Overall the DeWalt is in a class of its own for the price.
Main issues with my Rubi were its inaccuracies when cutting. The quality was very poor too with the rubber bed matting coming off within days of using it and paint flaking off the metal tray which was prone to rust.

R

Rob Z

Hi Richie, we field tested one of the original DeWalts, starting almost 5 years ago. I have owned a lot of tile saws and by far the DeWalt is the best tile saw I have ever had. The only type of work that I don't think the DeWalt is suitable for is large-scale, large production work. But for remodeling work, intricate work, etc I think it is great.:thumbsup:

R

richiep

Having owned both a Rubi and now the DW24000 i would say that the Dewalt wins almost everytime from quality to ease of use.
The only time the DW24000 would lose out is cutting half way through a long tile as the arm holding the motor and wheel is about 34cm away from the wheel itself which gives limitations.
Overall the DeWalt is in a class of its own for the price.
Main issues with my Rubi were its inaccuracies when cutting. The quality was very poor too with the rubber bed matting coming off within days of using it and paint flaking off the metal tray which was prone to rust.

Thanks for the info, was the rubi saw you had one of the ones i mention above? Would you say that i wouldn't get the use out of the larger rubi for larger tiles? I just don't want to settle for a saw and find myself having to get another one to cut larger format tiles that about 1000mm. What do you do for tiles of that size?

G

Gazzer

It will all depend on "what size" tiles you cut. Its no good saying you only cut/ use 33cm tiles so buy a machine that has a max cutting size of 40cm only to find that your next job is with 60cm tiles.

You may buy a Rubi that will cut 100cm tiles and low and behold someone comes up with bigger tiles :mad2:

For my type of market i find a machine that has a capacity of 60cm is fine....but that for me.

And Yes the Rubi i had was a DW250N.

R

richiep

It will all depend on "what size" tiles you cut. Its no good saying you only cut/ use 33cm tiles so buy a machine that has a max cutting size of 40cm only to find that your next job is with 60cm tiles.

You may buy a Rubi that will cut 100cm tiles and low and behold someone comes up with bigger tiles :mad2:

For my type of market i find a machine that has a capacity of 60cm is fine....but that for me.

And Yes the Rubi i had was a DW250N.

Thanks, seems you recommend the dewalt quite highly, i have read a lot about it and does seem to be a good saw, i thought it might be better to get a saw where the tile kept still and the saw moved, maybe not then. Thanks for your help SirRamic

F

frankenfurter

Dewalt every time; beautiful bit of kit. But i have to admit I'm not that keen on the supplied porcelain blade, loses it's edge quickly and very temperature sensitive.

P

Perry

thats what i thought Neale (arm holding the motor and wheel is about 34cm away)
thats why it didn't appeal to me

Reply to Dewalt D24000, Rubi DW250N or Rubi DW250NL in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen