Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Decoupling matt problems in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Crazytiler

My understanding is that CI matting bought this year isn't a problem but have heard of problems with the Blanke stuff

D

DHTiling

My understanding is that CI matting bought this year isn't a problem but have heard of problems with the Blanke stuff

Dural ci + is made in a totally different factory now than the others.. so yes it is now safe say Dural.

N

nipper76

Hi jay the original post by me was alarge stone floor with out under floor heating but it is the Blanke uni matt pro the mat was laid spring last year.
what have you come accros?

J

jay

Hi jay the original post by me was alarge stone floor with out under floor heating but it is the Blanke uni matt pro the mat was laid spring last year.
what have you come accros?

just thinking out loud and trying to work out the problem just a thought that maybe the UFH might be re activating the glue used on the fleece ,but there's been failures without UFH

A

advancetiling

I live near dural in wakefield and spoke to their head guy about the c.i. matting. theyve changed it since last year,different shapes on it now.presumably had problems with the old stuff,although fortunately i never have

K

kaharrison9

Solution seems to be use ditra.
I wouldn't chance anything.
The new ci matting is meant to be okay but only a year the troublesome old ci matting was meant to be fine
Until i hear other guys or myself having bother with ditra i won't be chancing anything else

T

TrumpersUnited

ive not had any problems with the new ci matting.....use quite alot of rolls and not 1 come back.

Reaction score
I too have used the new Dural CI+ with no issues whatsoever, infact it seemed more stable when I fitted it, come to think of it, I didn't have any problem with the old CI, guess I was lucky not to have got a rogue batch. Nowadays, I try to use the Mapetex as much as possible, as there is only one layer, less to go wrong, it's cheaper, and adds less to the height of the overall floor. Also you can see the adhesive ribs through it when you are fitting it, so you can see that when you have pushed it into the adhesive that a solid bed has been achieved, superb product! :thumbsup:

P

Perry

have a look on the usa forums you may find some info read about it a year ago but dont know where :oops:

Reply to Decoupling matt problems in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks