Discuss Decoupling matt problems in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

N

nipper76

has any one had problems with any of the decoupling matt systems after they have laid them? be interesting to find out peoples veiws ?

N

nipper76

oh well yes sounds like you have the same issue i used the blue one made by blanke german same as gmatt and the old dura base what did you use?

N

nipper76

thanks for that ! dose not sound good i lifted a tile and looks like the mat has come away from the backing felt clean and now the magority of the floor looks like it is floating and starting to crack up the client is not best pleased and matt supplier is saying poor work manship or adhesive!! socan see this is going to go and go!!

C

Colour Republic

There is a repair system by injecting the floor. I know Dural are sorting their problems out with failed floors, not sure on the others. But it sounds like you have the same problem so I wouldn't let Blanke palm you off

N

nipper76

thanks for that well i am waiting on the supplier getting back to me so will see what comes of it!

W

wildatheart

hi nipper
have been laying stone floors for 30 years never had a floor fail, all of a sudden i have had 3 floors fail this year and the only
thing different i have done is to use G matting, have never had a problem with dittra matt. any one else out there had any probs with
G matting this year

N

nipper76

interesting i have a feeling that these mats are out coppying ditra mat and posibly cutting a corner! as the gmat , dura base and wounder mat and the anti crack mats that are all being sold by diffrent companies are being made buy one factory and just being pacaged acordingaly!
what was that out come of your floors from genisses?

W

wildatheart

hi nipper
no outcome yet, all problems ongoing. trying to establish reasons for matting failing. going to involve the TTA. it seems a difficult thing to prove. am also trying to find out how big a problem it is with other stone or tile fixers

N

nipper76

have you lifted any tiles to see what is happening? i have and it looks like the felt backking has come clean away!all adhesive is good ?

W

wildatheart

no not yet have meetings at jobs over next couple of weeks, all big jobs about 350 sq mts in total.
have been having sleepless nights worrying about it. will let you know outcome

N

nipper76

what do you expect the out come to be? are they trying to pass the buck and say adhesive problems or work manship?

W

wildatheart

no problem with workmanship floors are spot on and level to 5mm tolerance over whole area. clients just want it resolved. up until now neither me or builder wants to admit being at fault (not many builders understand stone flooring) i was thinking could be thermal shock or screed breaking up under matting, glad i always put expansion joints in floors. builders are getting stone fed people in to write reports on floors, have spoken to stone fed and TTA they wont admit there is problems with g matt but will say they are investigating complaints about g matt

Reply to Decoupling matt problems in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks