Search the forum,

Discuss Deckfon Ultra in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Probably a bit of a long shot this one but has anyone on here used Deckfon Ultra 3 or 5 from Celecta as a underlay for tiling onto. If you have - what adhesive did you use to stick it to the screed and what tile adhesive did you use on top?

D

doug boardley

I've tiled onto something very similar, if not the same. I used bal fastflex, (with the latex) Alan. Adhered really well:thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've tiled onto something very similar, if not the same. I used bal fastflex, (with the latex) Alan. Adhered really well:thumbsup:

Do you know what type of adhesive it was stuck down with. Was it a tiling adhesive or a carpet adhesive?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is it an acoustic layer Alan..?

As doug says Dave it is an acoustic layer. It says you can apply tiles and that it should be stuck down to the substrate. Got a real major issue with an installation on site cos the client cannot get the ruddy stuff to stick to the screed. He has used an acrylic primer and a pressure sensitive adhesive which does not seem to set. It is a carpet adhesive which is why I thought the thread might be a long shot.

D

DHTiling

What is it made of..?...some are stuck down with contact adhesive but also some can be stuck with an S2 adhesive..

D

doug boardley

DECKfonultralay.jpg

this is the stuff​

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Deckfon Ultra in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen