Search the forum,

Discuss Deckfon Ultra in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I've tiled onto something very similar, if not the same. I used bal fastflex, (with the latex) Alan. Adhered really well:thumbsup:

Do you know what type of adhesive it was stuck down with. Was it a tiling adhesive or a carpet adhesive?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Is it an acoustic layer Alan..?

As doug says Dave it is an acoustic layer. It says you can apply tiles and that it should be stuck down to the substrate. Got a real major issue with an installation on site cos the client cannot get the ruddy stuff to stick to the screed. He has used an acrylic primer and a pressure sensitive adhesive which does not seem to set. It is a carpet adhesive which is why I thought the thread might be a long shot.

D

doug boardley

DECKfonultralay.jpg

this is the stuff​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Not something i would tile on doug by the look of it.....the ones i have seen have a top layer suitable for tiling... similar to schluters Ditra-sound system.

Was waiting for someone to say not great for tiling on to. Not sure yet cos I have not been to the site to look but I too think it will be too compressible to receive rigid tiles. Will let you know when I bin on Tuesday. does any one knoe thw minimum requirement in terms of compressibleness (If there is such a word) for a floor to receive tiles? This stuff says it is 20kpa at 10% deformation.

Reply to Deckfon Ultra in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei suggested using Primer G before tiling with keraflex maxi s1. They did not recommend using SBR for some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.