Search the forum,

Discuss Creative ideas for beading/tile trim in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

SEG

Hi, I'm not a fan of standard tile trims/beading. I'm tiling a splashback above my kitchen work top. I am using a brick tile, tiled in a brick pattern format. The left tile edge of the splashback will be exposed. Does anyone have any creative, tasteful ideas for edging as an alternative to tile trim/beading? Thank you

Reaction score
i would say 80% of the time when we sell Metros, most people tend to plump for the Square Edge Metal Trims, like these esa trims.jpg

A

AMtek

It would be very labour intensive but you could cut the edge at 45 then cut a sliver of tile the thickness of the tile at 45 and bond the pieces together leaving a finished edge? never attempted this but should be possible

M

Mr T

It would be very labour intensive but you could cut the edge at 45 then cut a sliver of tile the thickness of the tile at 45 and bond the pieces together leaving a finished edge? never attempted this but should be possible

this will take a lot of time and effort to get the exact cut for however many course of tile you have lol.... but its a good idea if your capable... and very creative.

Reaction score
Trim. But if anyone can cut a slither of ceramic tile at probably around 6-7mm, mitre it and fix it looking spot-on, I'd definitely like to see that, and it would deserve a thread of its own. Trim for me as always

M

Mr T

I may just have to nock up a little stud wall and use cheap tiles to test my skills martyn lol

Reply to Creative ideas for beading/tile trim in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen