Discuss Correct Tiling Trowel for 300x600 floor tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ianc9101

Morning all, Hope I am posting in the right area and not in the DIY area

I am planning to do my first ever floor tiling DIY job soon. Went into Topps and bought a 8mmx8mm tiling trowel (after speaking the advisor) with my tiles (Qrock Black) but now not sure if it is the right choice. I will be tiling 300x600 tiles directly onto concrete and the tile thickness is 9mm. Concrete Floor is nice and level. It seems on here that the pros suggest using a 10mm notched trowel, am I correct or would my 8mmx8mm do the job? If not do I need to buy a 10 x 20mm notched trowel like from Screwfix or somewhere

Many thanks

Glynn

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
An 8mm back buttered with 8mm at 90 degrees to the floor ribs will be plenty as long as the floor is has level as you say. Make sure you twist the tiles into the adhesive. Lift a tile now and again to make sure you are getting good adhesive coverage.

W

White Room

Just seems to give me good coverage, believe me the amount of trowels I have sitting in my lock up that are tried and tested and now in dry dock.

Reply to Correct Tiling Trowel for 300x600 floor tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay