Search the forum,

Discuss clear glass mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

saintdom

evening peeps

have some really nice glass mosaic to fix nest week, done a few mosaic jobs but never clera glass, can anyone reccomend the best addy for this and method of fixing, is a mosaic trowel ok and back butter the glass so i dont have trowel lines peeping through.

ta very much

L

Leatherface

evening peeps

have some really nice glass mosaic to fix nest week, done a few mosaic jobs but never clera glass, can anyone reccomend the best addy for this and method of fixing, is a mosaic trowel ok and back butter the glass so i dont have trowel lines peeping through.

ta very much

you will struggle to back butter mosaics. Better to use white addy " I recommend Mapei Ultra Mastic Super White"
First comb a very thin layer on wall with flat edge of trowel and smooth off,
then trowel with mosaic trowel as normal :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Just finished a glass mosaic job today.Used mapei d2 it wasnt white(cream) but worked great and they had grey grout anyway and it was only £11 for the tub which i used about half as it was only a small kitchen.As for fixing i just used the mosaic trowel,no probs there either

R

R Montgomery

you will struggle to back butter mosaics. Better to use white addy " I recommend Mapei Ultra Mastic Super White"
First comb a very thin layer on wall with flat edge of trowel and smooth off,
then trowel with mosaic trowel as normal :thumbsup:
Exactly this but if this glass is clear you can't have any voids in the thin set so after spreading with the mosaic trowel I would again smooth the surface with a flat trowel giving you a smooth bed to install to.Good luck.

Reply to clear glass mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen