Currently reading:
clear glass mosaic

Discuss clear glass mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

evening peeps

have some really nice glass mosaic to fix nest week, done a few mosaic jobs but never clera glass, can anyone reccomend the best addy for this and method of fixing, is a mosaic trowel ok and back butter the glass so i dont have trowel lines peeping through.

ta very much

you will struggle to back butter mosaics. Better to use white addy " I recommend Mapei Ultra Mastic Super White"
First comb a very thin layer on wall with flat edge of trowel and smooth off,
then trowel with mosaic trowel as normal :thumbsup:

R

R Montgomery

you will struggle to back butter mosaics. Better to use white addy " I recommend Mapei Ultra Mastic Super White"
First comb a very thin layer on wall with flat edge of trowel and smooth off,
then trowel with mosaic trowel as normal :thumbsup:
Exactly this but if this glass is clear you can't have any voids in the thin set so after spreading with the mosaic trowel I would again smooth the surface with a flat trowel giving you a smooth bed to install to.Good luck.

Reply to clear glass mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.