Search the forum,

Discuss Cementitious open time Test in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Timeless Tiling

I hear sometimes tilers grout walls straight after finishing the tiles is this wrong are you better to come back the next day

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Interesting......,

I also currently trying to learn how to braid paracord and make shock cord splices and having as much look as sanding tiles

Does this mean you can you could explain the chemical reaction between Portland cement and aluminium?
That sounds a question for a Concrete technologist. I have some knowledge but remember in struggling with a small disc and a slab of clay at the moment

From the manual.
Concrete shall not come in contact with any
aluminum during conveying and placing
operations.

Not sure what you want to know but I thought this may be helpful.

Aluminum Frames in Masonry Walls - http://www.cement.org/learn/materials-applications/masonry/masonry-construction/aluminum-frames-in-masonry-walls

Screenshot_20180408-122207_Drive.jpg

O

Old Mod

Apologies Julian,
Couldn’t find your response, lost track of the thread.
What I’d like to know is about the relationship between Portland cement (used in adhesive) and aluminium when they come in to direct contact with each other.
I know that when grouting heavy machinery legs into a concrete base, Aluminium powder is added to the grout to encourage the grout to expand and lock the machinery in place. However, I also know that as a byproduct, Hydrogen gas is created.
This and it’s possible effects on tile adhesive are the subjects I’m interested in.
Oh, one more thing, is it possible to prime against a reaction taking place? :)

Thank you for the link, I only hope I find time to read it, I was kinda hoping I could cheat and get the short version from you as you’ve worked in this area.
My turn to pick your brains, a little reciprocation if you will. :D

Reply to Cementitious open time Test in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen