Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Can You Start Monday? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Had a phone call on Saturday afternoon. Customer had been passed my number by one of the local shops I use. He'd bought 8 metres of Original Style Blenheim Victorian floor tiles at the start of the week for his hall. He'd called in Saturday to pick them up and asked if they could/would recommend anyone to fit them. To my knowledge there's not many of us in Liverpool take on Victorian floors so as a consequence I get a few. Call went something like "Hi, is that Richie?"
"It is, how can I help you?"
"Got these Victorian tiles etc etc, when can you see the job?"
"I can pop by one evening next week, whatever suits you best"
"Can you look at it tomorrow?" (Sunday)
"I'm really sorry but I'm busy all tomorrow, free most evenings next week after 7"
"Can you start Monday?"
"This Monday!?"
"Yes"
"Have you actually got the tiles already? I haven't any free time for about 8 to 10 weeks sorry"
"AAAARRGH YOU'RE WASTING MY TIME!! FORGET IT!"
And with that he hung up. For all the money he's spent on tiles I dread to think what's going to become of his floor.

L

LM

Had a phone call on Saturday afternoon. Customer had been passed my number by one of the local shops I use. He'd bought 8 metres of Original Style Blenheim Victorian floor tiles at the start of the week for his hall. He'd called in Saturday to pick them up and asked if they could/would recommend anyone to fit them. To my knowledge there's not many of us in Liverpool take on Victorian floors so as a consequence I get a few. Call went something like "Hi, is that Richie?"
"I'm really sorry but I'm busy all tomorrow, free most evenings next week after 7"
"Can you start Monday?"
"This Monday!?"
"Yes"
"Have you actually got the tiles already? I haven't any free time for about 8 to 10 weeks sorry"
And with that he hung up. For all the money he's spent on tiles I dread to think what's going to become of his floor.
Lol, there was a post on here about a month or so ago about some poor chap who got someone NOT by word of mouth, to quickly to do a geo path at the front of his house, all these impatient and unrealistic customers seem to end up with jobs like that one, I wonder why? :eek:o_O

H

hmtiling

"Can you start Monday?"
"This Monday!?"
"Yes"
He'll get the job he deserves by the sounds of it.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
This isn't even a one off, I get this all the time, and it's not like it's little jobs that you might consider squeezing in somewhere. I had a call for 8 bathrooms in a posh boutique hotel in the city centre on a Tuesday, can you start Thursday, ffs.

L

LM

This isn't even a one off, I get this all the time, and it's not like it's little jobs that you might consider squeezing in somewhere. I had a call for 8 bathrooms in a posh boutique hotel in the city centre on a Tuesday, can you start Thursday, ffs.
Looks like Liverpool could do with more pro tilers.

U

Unused Account 1

Then when you get delayed on a job and got a few free days no one rings lolsods law

Reply to Can You Start Monday? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks