Search the forum,

Discuss Can you reccomend me some trowels please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Good day all

I am after three trowels.

Trowel 1 - for 400 x 500 wall tiles
Trowel 2 - For 300 x 300 floor tiles
Trowel 3 - For 3cm x 3cm mosaics

All for a bathroom/wetroom and will be using Keraflex SPF adhesive

Can you reccomend me a type of trowel for each? There are so many I'm a bit overwhelmed with what to choose!

Specific items would be great!

thanks guys :8:

B

borgie

hi you should check out the raymondi slant notch trowels at kwik split. i just started using them after trying the platanum trowels. the handles are fantastic and the slants give the best coverage on the back of the tile, I've ever seen, with out buttering the back.
Kwik Split Adhesive Trowels

D

davemul

Those slanted trowels look pretty cool mate! what size for floor and wall though.. 10mm for both ?

M

Mike

i'd use 10mm for both the large tiles and usually a 3 or a 6mm for the mosaics depending on the depth of bed i'm wanting. the mosaic backer sheets are handy if you need to build out for the border(if the field tiles are a few mm thicker) they help prevent the adhesive coming through the grout lines and make the border rigid while your laying it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The round or "U" as it says on that website is the one you really need for floors. It leaves a solid bed if used correctly. A 10mm can leave air pockets and ridges which is not what you want on floors. Though it's fine to have just 80% coverage on kitchen walls. And it's meant to be okay on bathroom walls too but I'd still go for 100% coverage.

Tradetiler Tiling Rubi Stainless Trowels - a range of trowels there. "U" notch at the bottom.

D

davemul

Thanks Dan & Mike. Arent the slant notch trowells advertised as 100% coverage though aswell?

Will prob go for the 10mm U notch then. Hoefully wont eat the adhesive as reported on the slanted trowel

B

borgie

i find that the u trowels are never deep enough. they are good if the floor is like snooker table. but after lifting a few tiles and seeing the coverage, if the u was deeper it would be an excellent trowel

Reply to Can you reccomend me some trowels please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen