Search the forum,

Discuss Brick Slips Question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

WetSaw

You should have suggested that she puts one in the shower cubicle for a week and then try and clean it!!

O

One Day

Best you could do is back skim every piece and ensure a full solid bed, seal completely and make sure your background and joint to tray is 100% waterpeoof.
Personally i wouldn't do it. Because it will come back as 'your' problem.

S

Spare Tool

Best you could do is back skim every piece and ensure a full solid bed, seal completely and make sure your background and joint to tray is 100% waterpeoof.
Personally i wouldn't do it. Because it will come back as 'your' problem.
So imp what your saying its all relying on the tanking?

J

Just Rizzle

I did one once in a wet room which I tanked using schluter memdrain and used a s2 addy with a sbr additive I left un grouted the job was done 3 yrs ago the guy who is a mate loves it. told him I wouldn't guarantee it but he uses it every day water passes through and comes out the bottom. I would never do one a gain. walk a way

S

Spare Tool

I did one once in a wet room which I tanked using schluter memdrain and used a s2 addy with a sbr additive I left un grouted the job was done 3 yrs ago the guy who is a mate loves it. told him I wouldn't guarantee it but he uses it every day water passes through and comes out the bottom. I would never do one a gain. walk a way
Walk away is NOT an option Ray, done too much work for her already to do that, this is a guest ensuite that may not be used for a month but then used for a full weekend..so a tanked background and unsealed water exit to tray may be feasable?

H

hmtiling

I knocked one back with exact same tiles in wet room. they ended up using 30 x 30 black slate in wet area and split face stuff everywhere else. looked great when done but not so great 6 months down the line as it's very hard water here.

Reply to Brick Slips Question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen