Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Brick Slips Question in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spare Tool

Starting a shower room on Monday and my customer informed me yesterday she has picked slate brickslips (see pic) as a 300 wide vertical border on the wall up the centre of a 1700 shower tray.. The shower area will be tanked but am a little concerned these shouldn't perhaps be used in a wet area...anyone installed these successfully in a shower?
Image-1.jpg

U

Unused Account 1

Andy i did it once about 6 years ago ,ok if havent got to build up addy to match the tile ,i just sealed the 3 to 4 times so the water bounced of ,

S

Spare Tool

Andy i did it once about 6 years ago ,ok if havent got to build up addy to match the tile ,i just sealed the 3 to 4 times so the water bounced of ,
So even with the small gaps inbetween just sealing worked ok? As its tanked out was thinking of maybe leaving the silicone bead at bottom of slips out then water got somewhere to go?

U

Unused Account 1

Theres to many pics on computers now ,people get crazy ideas ,its ok on a picture but not in the real world

S

Spare Tool

I dare say I could persuade her to push it off centre so its away from the shower head but she's got her mind set on them, and of course the tile shop said they'll be fine :(

W

WetSaw

You should have suggested that she puts one in the shower cubicle for a week and then try and clean it!!

O

One Day

Best you could do is back skim every piece and ensure a full solid bed, seal completely and make sure your background and joint to tray is 100% waterpeoof.
Personally i wouldn't do it. Because it will come back as 'your' problem.

Reply to Brick Slips Question in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks