Search the forum,

Discuss Board of choice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
After a brief conversation with Bubblecraft
I would like your favourite or 1st choice on backer boards for mainly overboarding floors?
I mainly use No More Ply because it's nice and easy to work with and my main supplier stocks it.

Reaction score
NMP for wooden/non UFH floors, PCS for UFH

Would a marmox or pcs insulation board not be used on a ground floor floor boarded floor because of its insulation features? Or is it not meant for overboarding (strengthening) [i haven't used these boards is why I ask]

Reaction score
Would a marmox or pcs insulation board not be used on a ground floor floor boarded floor because of its insulation features? Or is it not meant for overboarding (strengthening) [i haven't used these boards is why I ask]

Tend to sell PCS/Marmox type boards when UFH is involved for themal properties, NMP when you need to strengthen the floor

Reaction score
Then we are back to the old question. Does cement boards add strength to a floor ?? Not in my eyes.

I think it adds strength in the sense of when cross bonded, it strengthens tension horizontally. In another sense it shouldn't be used to stop deflection but due to its strength integrity it doesn't bounce or move when under foot ( like any floor does, be it however fixed you can sometimes here it creek/ make noise because it moved) so generally strengthens in once sense or another.

It obviously doesn't strengthen the existing floor apart from horizontal stresses.

Reply to Board of choice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are tiling our kitchen with limestone tiles - we have already done it in the hallway and...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I came across this forum searching for info so my first post. I'm renovating 1890's...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen