Search the forum,

Discuss bal green screed.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
got a price today on a bag of green screed for a conservatory i want to do this week, screeds only been down a week, £25.00 for a 15kg bag that will do 2.8m2....:yikes: told them i only want a bag of addy, not to buy the company....shocking price that is...

P

Peter

Pay that myself, but the 15kg bags are the high yeild adhesive so you will be getting 6m2 or more on a good screed.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Pay that myself, but the 15kg bags are the high yeild adhesive so you will be getting 6m2 or more on a good screed.

really..? says on the bag 2.8m2 at 3mm....have you used it and did you get 6m2 from a bag, what size trowell did you use, the screed im tiling to is spot on, dont want to buy more than i need at that price..

P

Peter

I had estimated 4m per bag and supplied 15 bags for 60m. 300x300 over a fairly average floor and only used 9 bags. Trowel was probably about 11mm. Was amazed.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had estimated 4m per bag and supplied 15 bags for 60m. 300x300 over a fairly average floor and only used 9 bags. Trowel was probably about 11mm. Was amazed.

nice one, thanks...:thumbsup: that will save a bit of money....wonder where bal get there figures from? is it just to get you to buy more...

A

AMtek

Just buy it and charge the custard, I always do materials on estimate for this exact reason

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just buy it and charge the custard, I always do materials on estimate for this exact reason

ive added the cost on the price, gave them the opption of waiting till it drys or paying the extra, just been told i cant return any unused bags, so dont want any left over if poss, only use it once a blue moon..

Reply to bal green screed.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen