Discuss B&Q Tileloc Floor first? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

FreeD

I've been asked to tile bathroom walls for customer...they want a B&Q tileloc laminate floor installed also...does this type of floor need to be installed first or can i just leave the bottom row out and then install floor and silicone expansion gap? or would skirting be better with this type of floor? thanks!

D

D TILER

the laminate flooring needs to expand so silcone the exspasion gap would stop this and make the floor lift with temp changes !!
just sit tile on top of floor or use skirting but dont silcane the skirtin down to the flooring as this would also stop any exspansion ..

M

medlar

as said by D Tiler,sit the tile on the floor,maybe finish off with a quadrant beading

F

FreeD

ok so leave last row out fit floor then sit tile on top of floor and ure saying no silicone to finish between tile and floor? use a beading of some sort?

Its a 4m2 flor so about 1Omm between floor and wall will be enough for expansion?

M

medlar

ok so leave last row out fit floor then sit tile on top of floor and ure saying no silicone to finish between tile and floor? use a beading of some sort?

Its a 4m2 flor so about 1Omm between floor and wall will be enough for expansion?

you could possibly use decorators caulking on the expansion joint mate

F

FreeD

They are undecided about whether to have skirting...i told them it would look better to finish the tiles to the floor and they are happy with that but if thats not best? then i can change it. I was thinking to leave a 10mm gap between wall and laminate and then a gap about 4mm between bottom of tile and floor and silicone around the room surely this would be safe?

O

Olz

I was thinking to leave a 10mm gap between wall and laminate

Spot on, and only fix a beading to the wall not the laminate, being wood in does expand and contract escpecially in a bathroom. Double check that is suitable for bathroom floors aswell, if it cant withstand the moisture / wetting it wont last for long at all.

You can get a fixing kit for about £10 with a tapping block and pulling thing! which will make the job miles easier.

Reply to B&Q Tileloc Floor first? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks