Search the forum,

Discuss B&q Lamina Black Floor Tile in the Free Discontinued Tile Finding Service area at TilersForums.com.

R

Robert Cohen

I am really hoping someone can help me. We tiled our kitchen in 2007 and are now having it extended but B&Q have since discontinued the floor tiles we used.

They are called Lamina Black Floor Tiles 333x333

The codes on the box say: -

CERAMIC FLOOR TILE
BLAM2A
LAMINA
LAMINA BLACK FLOOR
DA/3333/BLAM2A/009
9 PIECES
333 X 333 MM
THICKNESS 8MM

Please can anyone help me find some of these tiles???

Many thanks

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

every other day some one wants a tile from b/and /poo /look they buy the cheap of the cheap sold to the cheap you get what you pay for whats cheap today is gone tomorrow .why because its not a cheap as it was before .if they stack it high and sell it cheap why oh why do you think there is any quality you bought cheap and all the after sevice will be the same do you realy think the the b /poo staff give a s&%t you choose to go to a shed and now have to pay the price .some people are to smart for there own good .wish you luck with this but a phone call to god might help as you need him know to help you .

T

Tile Shop

I am really hoping someone can help me. We tiled our kitchen in 2007 and are now having it extended but B&Q have since discontinued the floor tiles we used.

They are called Lamina Black Floor Tiles 333x333

The codes on the box say: -

CERAMIC FLOOR TILE
BLAM2A
LAMINA
LAMINA BLACK FLOOR
DA/3333/BLAM2A/009
9 PIECES
333 X 333 MM
THICKNESS 8MM

Please can anyone help me find some of these tiles???

Many thanks

Hi Robert.

Firstly, apologies for the first rude and unhelpful comment above. It was hardly welcoming and does not go any way to answering your question. I'm sure you asked for help in finding a tile, not a character assassination for buying from B&Q. He needs to sit back a bit and realise that not everyone in the world has the expertise that he does within the tiling industry. But I'm sure it was nothing personal :)

The BLAM2A was an HR Johnsons tile, discontinued in 2009. As with alot of B&Q tiles, they may have been exclusive to them. But the last time someone came on asking for help to source a tile, the one they had was a rebranded version of one of Johnsons regular mainstream tiles. Exactly the same veining shape, same size, just a touch lighter to define a difference to their regular range. Oh, and the name had changed. In other cases B&Q stop doing them then they become available on the open market.

So..... its going to be difficult, but might not be impossible. If you are able to post an image I should be able to advise whether or not a variation is available or a close alternative. (or maybe even the exact tile)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tile Shop

In case the original poster returns, I have tracked down an old image of the Lamina tile, albeit very pixellated. Looks like a variation of the 330x330 Lagos Black (LAGO2F)..... This is a current tile but slightly darker in colour.

(samples available via PM to myself)

R

Robert Cohen

Firstly, I'd just like to say a big thanks to Paul - your help and advice is much appreciated - I will have a look at the alternative tile you have mentioned. I have to say the first comment posted was neither expected or welcomed - I truly hope the sender does not find himself in a similar position at some point in the future - then again.......

Thanks again Paul

T

Tile Shop

The lagos black is the closest based on the picture i have. If you can post an image of yours up i should be able to get a better idea. Texture wise, is yours flat or does it have like a slate riven effect?

R

Robert Cohen

The tile does have a slate riven effect. As a result of your advice I have ordered a sample Lagos tile and am expecting to receive it next week
Thanks again for all your help

R

Robert Cohen

Just to let you know that sadly the Lagos tile I ordered doesn't match - will now be retiling the whole floor. Despite what has been said about B&q tiles I have to say I've found them to be absolutely fine - my issue isn't as a result of the quality of the tile but having to remove them to resolve a leak. Thanks again Paul for your advice and support - much appreciated

Reply to B&q Lamina Black Floor Tile in the Free Discontinued Tile Finding Service area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen