Search the forum,

Discuss B&Q black porcelain windsor tiles -removing wax and sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,
I've bought some of the B&Q black porcelain windsor tiles for our kitchen along with the heavy duty cleaner they sell to remove the transit wax, but it isn't working!

We have a fair few to do so we need to use something that is going to work to get the wax off properly so we don't have to keep doing it, and then seal them after so the grout doesn't stain them as this seems to be a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what is the best thing to use and where I can get it?

Many thanks
Tiffany

R

royalkal

i have used them before and they are a night mare they need 2 be cleaned then sealed but they never look right they mark easy and they will always dry dull

D

DHTiling

How are you trying to remove this transit wax, as in are you laying them flat and leaving the solution to dwell long enough..?

Reaction score
we'd used the B&Q stuff but just wiped it on and off but it didn't seem to do anything. Are they meant to soak in the stuff?
Any advice gratefully received :)
tiff

I

Ian

Hi tiff, get yourself a bottle of LTP grimex, it's mega stuff. Follow the instructions on the back and you will be onto a winner. Available from tile giant or LTP online (link to the left of the page in the sponsors section)

D

DHTiling

Hi Brian,
that's great thanks, do they do something suitable for sealing them as well?

Tiff

They do yes.. but make sure you leave the remover on the tiles to dwell long enough to remove the transit wax.. i find it easier to lay the floor first and then clean the transit wax off, this way you can keep the tiles wet with solution easier.

Reply to B&Q black porcelain windsor tiles -removing wax and sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen