Search the forum,

Discuss At what temperature do you feel underfloor heating? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MarkyD

Here's a link to the manuals and programming guides. LINK The display does have a temp reading. Pressing both the UP and DOWN buttons together for 3 secs takes you to the INFO screens

When I commisioned my screed I did a week of 1 deg rises to 25deg (was at 19deg when started) left it at that for a couple of days then let it cool for a week or two. When finished my controller (Magnum) has a new floor program which gradually increases the temp to working temp over 20 days

--
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

You should not run it too hot for extended periods of time and bear in mind that underfloor heating run too hot has been linked (tentatively I'll admit) to problems of DVT particularly in the elderly.

Hi Ajax, what is "DVT" ?

W

wilfredolimb

Here's a link to the manuals and programming guides. LINK The display does have a temp reading. Pressing both the UP and DOWN buttons together for 3 secs takes you to the INFO screens

When I commisioned my screed I did a week of 1 deg rises to 25deg (was at 19deg when started) left it at that for a couple of days then let it cool for a week or two. When finished my controller (Magnum) has a new floor program which gradually increases the temp to working temp over 20 days

--
Mark

thanks Mark I'll try this when I get home and report back :smilewinkgrin:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi m8, you are doing the right thing. Bring the temp up no more than 5 deg in 24 hrs, when optimum temp reached hold for 2 days. Then reduce temp by no more than 5 deg until cold. This will prevent Thermal shock.:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Wilfred - Essentially you are doing the right method as already confirmed.
I'am not aware of the system you have - however they all seem to follow the same principles - gradually increase by small increments over a period of time.
We recently commissioned a Thermonet system in a hallway under unglazed porcelain and ontop of Hardie backer boards and T&G flooring. At 16degees the system still hadn't turned itself on after 2 days so the floor was still warmer at that stage. It was only when we increased the setting to 19degrees that it started to work.
Once you feel the effect of UFH you wonder how you managed before!

W

wilfredolimb

Hi guys,
thanks for all the helpful responses but still no joy :mad2:
with my OC2 1991 I pressed the up and down buttons and went into info, then app, then flo, which according to the manual should give me a Reading for floor temp but it just shows the temp I've set it on manual.
I've now had it at 20degrees the last 2-3 hours and still can't feel heat, hate to admit it but maybe it's not working?!
Any ideas? Or anyone familiar with elecktra OC2 1991 controls?
Thank you

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys,
thanks for all the helpful responses but still no joy :mad2:
with my OC2 1991 I pressed the up and down buttons and went into info, then app, then flo, which according to the manual should give me a Reading for floor temp but it just shows the temp I've set it on manual.
I've now had it at 20degrees the last 2-3 hours and still can't feel heat, hate to admit it but maybe it's not working?!
Any ideas? Or anyone familiar with elecktra OC2 1991 controls?
Thank you

Is the room in which the UFH is uncomfortably cold.....

W

wilfredolimb

In the mornings it is, especially now weather is cold. You reckon just to not worry about it, there is a towel rail that is ok I suppose

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
HAve you thought about getting a spark to look at it to see if it is actually working. If it is new - who installed it - can you get them back to sort it? If it is at 20 and still uncomfortably cold it sounds like you might be right and it aint working......:thumbsdown:

Although thinking about it is the temperature it is reading the room temperature the floor temperature or the core temperature. 20Degrees core temp will give you a surface temp of about 10 to 12 degrees so will still be cold. Is there insulation under the substrate?

Last edited:

Reply to At what temperature do you feel underfloor heating? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen