Search the forum,

Discuss At what temperature do you feel underfloor heating? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wilfredolimb

I have electric ufh in my bathroom, turned it on for first time 3 days ago at 5degrees and have been raising it everyday by 5 degrees, at the moment it's on 15degrees and the tiles are still cold, I'm dreading that it's actually damaged and doesn't work :mad2:

any ideas?

Thanks guys

S

Superally

assuming you have your central heating on, the ambient temperature in your room will be around 20-22 degrees. Set it between 25-30 and your feet will start to feel cosy........

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Human body temp it 37.5. Your hands will generally hover around 25 degrees although could be anywhere from about 15 to 32. Therefore you will not feel the floor as warm untill it is warmer than your hands (assuming it is your hands you are feeling it with).

The usual surface temperatrue for the underfloor heating in a lounge would be set around 20 to 24 degrees. This will generally give a comfortable feeling. The floor should not feel hot but at best tepid. You should not run it too hot for extended periods of time and bear in mind that underfloor heating run too hot has been linked (tentatively I'll admit) to problems of DVT particularly in the elderly.

M

MarkyD

Depends on what the floor temperature is. If you've set the temp to be 15deg and the floor is actually say 17deg the controller wouldn't turn the heating on. If you have a controller with a digital display it should have a readout of what the floor thermistor is reading, set the temp higher than that

HTH

--
Mark

W

wilfredolimb

Hi guys thanks for such fast response, the floor is made up of no more ply, mapei fibreplan slc and mapei flexible addy with latex
the tiles feel cold not room temp
the controller is the elecktra OCC2 1991, and I have it set at manual 15degrees, it doesn't have a Reading of what the thermostat is, atleast I can't find it :mad2:
should I just wack the temp up to 25degrees it something?
Thanks

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys thanks for such fast response, the floor is made up of no more ply, mapei fibreplan slc and mapei flexible addy with latex
the tiles feel cold not room temp
the controller is the elecktra OCC2 1991, and I have it set at manual 15degrees, it doesn't have a Reading of what the thermostat is, atleast I can't find it :mad2:
should I just wack the temp up to 25degrees it something?
Thanks

NO NO NO NO NO! :yikes: - keep building it up slowly :thumbsup: else you could thermally shock the tiles and that could crack em.:thumbsdown:

C

Colour Republic

how long ago was it tiled? you shouldn't shock the floor if new keep raising it daily:thumbsup:

W

wilfredolimb

The tiles were finished over a month ago I waiting around 28-30days before I put the ufh on at 5degrees, you think I could wack it up now or carry on the gradual 5degree rises each day?
Thanks

Reply to At what temperature do you feel underfloor heating? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen