Search the forum,

Discuss Any ideas in what adhesive to use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gary freeman

Hi there im new on here and just starting as a tiler I have a job on to tile a kitchen floor. I need advice on what adhesive to use and what make

G

Gary freeman

Hi there it is a concrete floor in a new build house. I recently done my tiling course but would just like to see and hear from other tilers. I would use flexi rapid set. The tile is quarts granite

G

Gary freeman

The house has been built aroubd 2 month ago. Not yet lived in. The customer has chosen them tiles, yea I know they are expensive tiles to be starting out with. Any reccomendations or tips

R

Rookery

If they are the resin based tiles with sparkly bits (like Gulfstone) you'll probably need a 2 part adhesive such as Keraquick mixed with Latex Plus.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Well to start I would be questioning the depth of the concrete. 60 days would say me that it has only just set if the concrete is 60mm deep as it takes 1 day to set 1mm (some people say dry out).
This information should be obtainable from the builder. (my bad I misread the fact the house has been ready for two month so concrete should be ready to tile)

After finding that information out, tiling straight onto it would be out of the question in my opinion. Does the house need time to 'settle' ?

I would be belt and braces approach all the way with flexible adhesives and grouts (BAL, Weber, Mapei) also using a decoupling membrane such a Ditra Matting or Durabase to take the strain of any lateral movement.

Has there been any talk of undertile heating ? If so you will have to research your tile to check its suitability for UTH.

(ps, always back butter (skim) these tiles, as they need a good bond and Rookery is correct, a 2 part is best for quartz/resin tiles.)

Last edited:
D

Dougs Third Go

assuming everything is hunky dory and ready to tile I would use a 2 part adhesive too, keraquick with latex plus, as already mentioned would be a good choice. Is there any underfloor heating? as these tiles can sometimes curl up with ufh.

Reply to Any ideas in what adhesive to use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen