Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Another question about cement boards and screws! in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Speedoman

Hi

I know Screwfix turbo gold screws have been mentioned on this forum to secure 12 mm cement board.

I will be using these screws to secure the 12 mm cement board to wood.

But I also have to secure the 12 mm cement board to metal stud framing.

Which screws do people advice please to use, to go through 12 mm cement board easily and then through the metal stud framing?

Many thanks

S

Stef

You would normally use a tec screw to fix to metal stud work, I'm not sure a turbo gold would get a start on metal stud but it's worth a try.
Could pilot hole 1st but would take a bit more time.

W

White Room

I've only ever used 25mm Turbo screws for 6mm hardie glued and screwed to floor boards...

For timber walls they recommend 5.0x32mm with a course thread, for metal framework perhaps give Hardie a call but the screws would need to have a fine thread.

S

Speedoman

I've only ever used 25mm Turbo screws for 6mm hardie glued and screwed to floor boards...

For timber walls they recommend 5.0x32mm with a course thread, for metal framework perhaps give Hardie a call but the screws would need to have a fine thread.

A while ago I spoke to hardibacker because I found it difficult to find the screws for metal frames that they have advertised on their website. They told me I can use their timer screws for metal frames!

Wickes used to sell the hardibacker screws under their own branding, it said ceramic coated screws on the packet and for timber use, but when I was there recently they told me they don’t sell them anymore.

W

White Room

A while ago I spoke to hardibacker because I found it difficult to find the screws for metal frames that they have advertised on their website. They told me I can use their timer screws for metal frames!

Wickes used to sell the hardibacker screws under their own branding, it said ceramic coated screws on the packet and for timber use, but when I was there recently they told me they don’t sell them anymore.

Never heard of them... [MENTION=42734]Speedoman[/MENTION]

S

Stef

A course thread drywall screw goes into metal stud so I would try a turbo gold to see if it would work.

Reply to Another question about cement boards and screws! in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks