Search the forum,

Discuss Alternatives to Porcelain Fix in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CTDi

Hi Guys

Im new to this forum and am based in sunny South Africa.

My knowledge on tiling isn't very good . Just have the basic exposure by either watching someone do it or the odd diy job at home.

My question is related to porcelain tiles and the tilefix that is required for them. I have seen a few guys that are using regular Weber tilefix (Cm011 if im not mistaken) mixed with TYLON BOND IT as opposed to porcelain fix. The reason for this is largely the cost.

Is this correct? or is it mandatory to use Porcalain fix?

Thanks a lot

Q

Qwerty

:welcome:

Weber products in SA are different to those here.....

http://www.weber-tylon.co.za/tile-fixing/weber-systems/products.html

.....but on researching the Weber porcelain fix & tilefix it appears that the latter is a basic C1 (normal cement based) adhesive whereas the former appears to be a C1FT (fast setting cement based with reduced slip)

What is the surface (substrate) being tiled?

Have you considered hiring a professional?

Do you have the correct tools?

C

CTDi

Hi There

The tiles are being applied to concrete flooring which has been ceramic tiled previously. Will most likely be ripping off the old ceramic tiles.

Exploring all options currently but would like to save cash were feasibly possible.

C

CTDi

Thanks for the welcome and posting the link Plantec

With reference to the products the question is :

Will this weberset-wall-n-floor-grey-wb11 mixed with this weberad-bond-it-wb183 work when compared to this alone weberset-porcelain-fix-24

Q

Qwerty

It will work, yes, but I would save myself the hassle and cost and use the porcelain adhesive instead :thumbsup:

Reply to Alternatives to Porcelain Fix in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen