Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Advice Please in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

crowbag

Hi every one. I'm thinking of starting up on my own as a tilier . But iv had a few people tell me there are lots of tilers out there and plastering is the road I should be going down. But I'm under the impression it takes years to master plastering ? I'm 30 with a familey but now I feel is the time to go self employed. Iv book my self in on a 4 day tiling coarse to help get me started I was just wondering how much I could earn as a plastering mate or a tilers mate . Thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

Lots of every trade out there.
Just got to be the best you can at whatever you do.
At the end of the day it's whatever gives you the most enjoyment, if it's all about money either will provide a wage.

C

crowbag

Tiling is what I want to do do you think a combo of the 2 trades will make me more appealing to the customers?. Is £350 a week a realistic target a week ?

H

hmtiling

Tiling is what I want to do do you think a combo of the 2 trades will make me more appealing to the customers?. Is £350 a week a realistic target a week ?
Not after a 4 day course. However, after a few years if your good you could easily treble that a week

O

Old Mod

Lots of every trade out there.
Just got to be the best you can at whatever you do.
At the end of the day it's whatever gives you the most enjoyment, if it's all about money either will provide a wage.
Wow John,
Leaving the eu REALLY has made u happy! Hahahaha ;)

@crowbag as a rule of thumb, money is not something we allow to be discussed in an open forum such as this.
However on this occasion as your question is not very specific, we'll let it go. This is more information for the future than anything else.

In answer to your question, what is more appealing to clients?
As John has already said, being the best at what you can do!
That is what they find appealing, well and the price.

Your target wage? Not impossible.

You will learn more as a Tilers mate than on any course, if you're with the right tiler.

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place of knowledge and highly skilled trades men and women.
Hope you enjoy it here.

Ps. When it come to learning to tile over plastering......
I'm still learning after 35yrs.:eek:

Good luck on your course.

C

crowbag

Thanks for the advice. Do you think I tiling coarse would be a good investment ? Any tilers in the Stockport are looking for a tilers mate ?

C

crowbag

Thank you John really appreciate the advise especially from some who has done it for so long

Reply to Advice Please in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks