Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please on quality of professional work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Hi,
Had a bathroom re-fitted and need advice on the quality of workmanship of tiling.
Professional tiler who was supplied by the bathroom fitter did a great job on the wall, but came back and seemed to rush the floor job. the floor is on marmox boards then electric under floor heating.
I'm not happy with the job lots of uneven grout joints and walking on the floor without shoes on you can feel the uneven levels between tiles, the fitter has said he will deduct the cost of laying flooring from bill, but i feel it now distracts from the overall quality of the room.
Advice needed on what I should do now, am I being to critical or is the standard acceptable?

Hi Alan..

I think it would be wise just to sit down with your bathroom installer and express your concerns.
Make a list of what you are not happy with and then come to an agreement of how to rectify it..

Good luck and let us know how you get on..

P

peckers

Hi Alan..

I think it would be wise just to sit down with your bathroom installer and express your concerns.
Make a list of what you are not happy with and then come to an agreement of how to rectify it..

Good luck and let us know how you get on..

I agree with the above but if you havent paid them all ready then I would with hold the payment until it is rectified.

Reply to Advice please on quality of professional work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.