Discuss Advice on grout/ silicone at cut edges in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Kitchen tiling around the window - (first time using tile trim) I have cut the tiles and done my best to make the cuts neat and even - but as you can see from the pics the gap is uneven. Can I make this neat / cover with grout or silicone? Or do the cuts need to be re done?? Any advice welcome, thank you in advance

Attachments

• PXL_20211015_111357289.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 47
  • PXL_20211015_111351984.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 45

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
:) I wouldn't say you've done badly at all as a first attempt. When grouting, you might be happy enough with how it looks. Wouldn't usually silicone that joint, but if after grouting you aren't happy, then you could try to silicone over the grout with a profiling tool. You might find when grouted up you feel happy enough with it. A strategically placed knife block etc might hide the problem ;)

N

Noviceojb

:) I wouldn't say you've done badly at all as a first attempt. When grouting, you might be happy enough with how it looks. Wouldn't usually silicone that joint, but if after grouting you aren't happy, then you could try to silicone over the grout with a profiling tool. You might find when grouted up you feel happy enough with it. A strategically placed knife block etc might hide the problem ;)

Thank you for being kind at my novice work!! How should it be done to make more professional?? The tiles are crackle glaze which made harder to cut . Live and learn eh!

N

Noviceojb

:)Thank you for being kind at my novice work!! How should it be done to make more professional?? The tiles are crackle glaze which made harder to cut . Live and learn eh!

Reply to Advice on grout/ silicone at cut edges in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay