Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed self levelling please :) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Anto Holland

Sup fellas

Okay so slightly nervous as I have a floor to level next week. It runs out by 10-12m.... I self levelled a floor a few weeks ago but got it wrong so my confidence is not good right now.

What is the best SL to buy. It's going on concrete. Do you any of you use the fast setting stuff because I think that's where I went wrong.

Before I knew it the stuff was set and had loads of bubbles in it. Looked like a aero! Don't worry I never left it like that I got it sorted in the end but it was a nightmare. Got to be done properly.

I was planning on mixing it then just pouring from furthest corner outwards and letting it run out itself. Been advised not to trowel. Just a bit confused so what is you plan of action if you were me.?

So, what is best self level to use? Worth using longer setting stuff?

You will all probably laugh at this post, but I am not very experienced in self levelling its as simple as that.

Thanks (Be nice) I'm asking advice. I'm not a pro. I may have said that once in retaliation and I am sorry.

I'm here to become a better tiler.

Cheers

T

Time's Ran Out

:lol: You said I had to laugh!
The best levelling compound IMHO is the Weber fast flex from CTD.
Mix it as stated on the bag and it flows as you want it.
Good luck and enjoy.

T

Time's Ran Out

Make sure there is nowhere it can flow away to, holes pipe outlets etc, and it finds it's own levels.

S

Stef

I would opt for Mapei Eco if over concrete, I think it flows better than any other I have used to date.
I usually stick to either Weber floor flex, Mapei renovation screed or Eco.
I have been using more Mapei recently though & especially Eco if I can use it.
There's no fibres in the Eco & it's a lot thinner in consistency to the other 2 & that's how it finds it's level easier.
ded9bd7b4e228a8e58d57e941621ca38.jpg

31a70c6c231dc2f46105618010935c26.jpg

Sorry photos aren't great as the bags are on racks in my garage.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would opt for Mapei Eco if over concrete, I think it flows better than any other I have used to date.
I usually stick to either Weber floor flex, Mapei renovation screed or Eco.
I have been using more Mapei recently though & especially Eco if I can use it.
There's no fibres in the Eco & it's a lot thinner in consistency to the other 2 & that's how it finds it's level easier.
ded9bd7b4e228a8e58d57e941621ca38.jpg

31a70c6c231dc2f46105618010935c26.jpg

Sorry photos aren't great as the bags are on racks in my garage.

Do you have to do a stock take every six months mate?
You have more powder than Kate moss's drug dealer!!

D

Dougs Third Go

I use tilemaster levelflex, if possible I like to mix up enough to do the job in one hit, ie maybe mix up a few bags in a few buckets and start pouring twith the first bucketful mixed (I do give them a quick whisk up after initial mixing) when I pour I use a trowel, usually an old 18 inch plastering trowel, to push slc into the corners and sides so it can flow back and find it's level, repeat the process until all your mixes have been poured.

Reply to Advice needed self levelling please :) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen