Search the forum,

Discuss Advice for tiling bathroom floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Folks I'm after some general advice for tiling a floor... I'm going to be laying 60 x 60 tiles.

So I've replaced all the floor with 22mm T&G P5 and I've going to lay hardibacker over the top. Should I SBR the floor before fitting the hardibacker or just make sure its good and clean?

So once the hardibacker is down, do I need to prime it before tiling over it?

With the size of the tiles, would you say use a 10mm square notched trowel and should I back butter the tiles?

Thanks folks... not as experience as you lot and I just think the more knowledge I have the better 👍🏻.

Chris

Reaction score
In my opinion never does any harm to prime. I use a SBR based primer, dilute 1:3. On the floor and then the boards once down (backer boards are pretty porous so will stop them drawing water out of the adhesive and give you more working time). A 10mm trowel would be fine, I use a half round notch but just my own preference. Always good to back butter larger tiles to provide more contact. 👍

Reaction score
In my opinion never does any harm to prime. I use a SBR based primer, dilute 1:3. On the floor and then the boards once down (backer boards are pretty porous so will stop them drawing water out of the adhesive and give you more working time). A 10mm trowel would be fine, I use a half round notch but just my own preference. Always good to back butter larger tiles to provide more contact. 👍
Thank you so much for your reply... you've really just confirmed my thinking 👍🏻. Glad to see I'm on the right lines 😀..

Thanks so much...

Reply to Advice for tiling bathroom floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen