Discuss Advice for tiling bathroom floor in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Folks I'm after some general advice for tiling a floor... I'm going to be laying 60 x 60 tiles.

So I've replaced all the floor with 22mm T&G P5 and I've going to lay hardibacker over the top. Should I SBR the floor before fitting the hardibacker or just make sure its good and clean?

So once the hardibacker is down, do I need to prime it before tiling over it?

With the size of the tiles, would you say use a 10mm square notched trowel and should I back butter the tiles?

Thanks folks... not as experience as you lot and I just think the more knowledge I have the better 👍🏻.

Chris

Reaction score
In my opinion never does any harm to prime. I use a SBR based primer, dilute 1:3. On the floor and then the boards once down (backer boards are pretty porous so will stop them drawing water out of the adhesive and give you more working time). A 10mm trowel would be fine, I use a half round notch but just my own preference. Always good to back butter larger tiles to provide more contact. 👍

Reaction score
In my opinion never does any harm to prime. I use a SBR based primer, dilute 1:3. On the floor and then the boards once down (backer boards are pretty porous so will stop them drawing water out of the adhesive and give you more working time). A 10mm trowel would be fine, I use a half round notch but just my own preference. Always good to back butter larger tiles to provide more contact. 👍
Thank you so much for your reply... you've really just confirmed my thinking 👍🏻. Glad to see I'm on the right lines 😀..

Thanks so much...

Reply to Advice for tiling bathroom floor in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks