Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive spread direction in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

in my opinion,
now you are looking for the hairs in the egg.
we are talking about 120x20,
trapped air,
It remains a speech for large formats and that's it.
after all, I'm just an aprendist ....
and I NOT have no floor that is raised.
this is enough for me, I'm not interested in the direction of the adhesive.
(Again, I consider the answers above,
valid for large formats, example 100x50 and above)

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
:)
in my opinion,
now you are looking for the hairs in the egg.
we are talking about 120x20,
trapped air,
It remains a speech for large formats and that's it.
after all, I'm just an aprendist ....
and I NOT have no floor that is raised.
this is enough for me, I'm not interested in the direction of the adhesive.
(Again, I consider the answers above,
valid for large formats, example 100x50 and above)
;):eek::)

Q

Qwerty

I was referring to the question in hand here..... planks. The best way to trowel the adhesive in this situation is across the width, not length as I stated.

It stands to reason with large format, anything square or even rectangular that it is virtually irrelevant, but with a plank it is different. It is no extra effort to trowel the shorter distance and you are likely to have a better bed coverage. I only see the positives with this method I'm afraid.

I

Italy

I agree geoff,
but a simple question,
he does not need answers from a pharmacist. :)
already it is complicated to lay plank,
enter and exit a room, work
in tight rooms, etc.
if I must also look at the direction of the adhesive .....
in large spaces, I can also do it.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Lol...."Likely".....
In the scheme of things I don't think it would be critical that you have to serrate against he grain to achieve a better more secure end product ... But I do enjoy debating it ... We digress..
"IMPO":)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Horizontal for walls...

IMG_20171217_085328.png

D

Dumbo

I was referring to the question in hand here..... planks. The best way to trowel the adhesive in this situation is across the width, not length as I stated.

It stands to reason with large format, anything square or even rectangular that it is virtually irrelevant, but with a plank it is different. It is no extra effort to trowel the shorter distance and you are likely to have a better bed coverage. I only see the positives with this method I'm afraid.
Splitting hairs I know but it would take longer to trowel several times across the width than trowelling along the length .

F

Flintstone

Splitting hairs I know but it would take longer to trowel several times across the width than trowelling along the length .

I don’t think anyone is struggling for 10 seconds !

Always short way and always one direction, it’s no more diffficult or time consuming really, so why wouldn’t you.

Q

Qwerty

Is it? I wouldn't know as I've never done it. To be honest I have always trowelled towards me on floors. Spreading right to left first to key it in to the surface first, then trowel towards me. Works for any substrate to fully fill voids in Ditra, key in properly to screeds etc

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ooooo.. Sunday morning has arrived and everyone is waking to a brand new day...
Pictures I found enclosed ...how would you deal with this scenario .... To drive you serrater officionados going..lol

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

Reply to Adhesive spread direction in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen