Discuss Adhesive mix in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Deleted member 57709

Hi guys, in regards to adhesive - is there any advantages of having the adhesive a bit wetter than what is advised on the bag as I am still having problems with coverage. The bag recommended mix seems a bit too stiff in my opinion. I am using maximum trowel size and also back buttering with notch and notches on floor and tile are in same direction. Would mixing the adhesive wetter make it weaker or stringer or same? Thanks

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Premium
Reaction score
Hi guys, in regards to adhesive - is there any advantages of having the adhesive a bit wetter than what is advised on the bag as I am still having problems with coverage. The bag recommended mix seems a bit too stiff in my opinion. I am using maximum trowel size and also back buttering with notch and notches on floor and tile are in same direction. Would mixing the adhesive wetter make it weaker or stringer or same? Thanks
Slightly wetter is fine.

Reply to Adhesive mix in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer