Discuss Adhesive mix in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
Hi guys, in regards to adhesive - is there any advantages of having the adhesive a bit wetter than what is advised on the bag as I am still having problems with coverage. The bag recommended mix seems a bit too stiff in my opinion. I am using maximum trowel size and also back buttering with notch and notches on floor and tile are in same direction. Would mixing the adhesive wetter make it weaker or stringer or same? Thanks

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys, in regards to adhesive - is there any advantages of having the adhesive a bit wetter than what is advised on the bag as I am still having problems with coverage. The bag recommended mix seems a bit too stiff in my opinion. I am using maximum trowel size and also back buttering with notch and notches on floor and tile are in same direction. Would mixing the adhesive wetter make it weaker or stringer or same? Thanks
Slightly wetter is fine.

Upvote 0

Reply to Adhesive mix in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile area at TilersForums.com

Similar threads

• Question
Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Two questions: I want to tile over electric underfloor heating cables / Ditra Heat with 600x600mm large format tiles (9.5mm depth tile). My question is the adhesive that I have got which is the correct one for underfloor heating is 8 months old but on the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We have our bathroom renovated and contracted an experienced tiler to do the tiling job. We removed 2 of the tiles after more than 48 hours as they had misaligned corners. We noticed there seem to be limited area were the tile BAL ready mixed adhesive has actually bonded to the green...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning all, I have been looking through the forum for a post which offers a similar situation to mine but failing. I am seeking some advice from the guys with experience. This will be my first time tiling so excuse my ignorance. I am moving into my new build house on Thursday where I am...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We needed a tiler to lay 46m2 of 800mm tiles to a concrete floor in our new shop. Everyone we tried was not available for a month+, but then through an acquaintance, my partner was told of someone who was available. I had my misgivings as I was wondering why he was available while everyone else...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't want to make a mistake with the tiling that will be throughout the entire property. 300sqm on the floors. I've also got a couple of guys that are going to do the work, who have done lots of tiling...
Replies
Views
Tiling Courses
Workwear for Tradesmen
Mapei Tile Adhesive and Grout
uHeat
The Wetroom Store for all Wetroom Installations
Nicobond Tile Adhesives and Grout

Latest 10

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, formerly known as TilersForums.co.uk.

Search Forum