Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive and Grout Mixing in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

I looked for some data on the mixing speed and size / type of paddle some time back. I noted most paddle mixers were around 700-800 rpm but the Rubimix is a two paddle two speed gearbox machine.
  • Electronic regulator (1st 0-450 r.p.m. / 2nd 0-780 r.p.m.).Ø maximum paddle: 160 mm.
I couldn't spot data from the adhesive manufacturers. I have been using a drill also (Dewalt battery 996, 3 speed, 0-500/1500/2250 plus the electronic trigger. I use a 600mm paddle in the drill at the 0-500.

Would anyone have advice on what the mix speeds should be, if the two paddle is better/worse/irrelevant and if there is any manufacturer's data?

Reply to Adhesive and Grout Mixing in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen