Search the forum,

Discuss Accept or reject job? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have a Lusso stone Resin Basin in my place.

That sort of gear warrants the best fitter, not what you have.

I’d want things to be millimetre perfect if that was my house, not to the nearest half inch.

He should be grateful he got the right house!!! Or maybe not!!!

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That’s 1.27 cm, we have not left Europe yet!
It’s 29th March before we can go back feet and inches!

T

Time's Ran Out

2DB51E05-0490-47A6-B1C6-5F7C46A182F4.png
Fitted mine myself!
Accurate to 6inches before a glass of wine.

Reaction score
If they've got facebook, my builder, checkatrade accounts etc. leave an honest review, pointless slating them, just say what you've said on here, the rest of there work was fine but tiling standards fell well short of british standards. Maybe some of floor tiles cut to make a skirting board around the floor could cover the gap, I haven't seen the tiles used but sometimes it can look ok, better than grout, is the grout used gonna blend in the tiles or add a contrast? Add some pics for us to see you'll get loads of ideas to stop it looking bad!

T

thomashenry

I agree that it's not good to just get angry and slate people in reviews. Makes you look unreasonable, and most people reading it probably dismiss the review as coming from an angry tosser!

They've "finished" the job now, and I gave them several chances to try and rectify some of the poor workmanship. A few of the issues have been resolved, but not the main ones. The silicon bead around the bottom of the wall where it meets the floor is absolutely horrific - looks like a really bad DIY job.

Any ideas on how this can be salvaged/dealt with (short of doing the whole thing again - I don't think I can face that), would be appreciated.

The ceiling could be dealt with easily enough with another layer of plasterboard, I think.

The bottom of the walls just seem beyond redemption to me though.

IMG_20181001_154549.jpg IMG_20181001_154554.jpg IMG_20181001_154607.jpg IMG_20181001_154614.jpg IMG_20181001_154625.jpg IMG_20181001_154733.jpg IMG_20181001_154742.jpg

T

thomashenry

At first glance it looks ok (ignore the lack of architraves around window and door, that's something I was always going to do), but when you look a bit closer....

IMG_20181001_160103.jpg IMG_20181001_160119.jpg

Reply to Accept or reject job? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen