Discuss 8mm porcelain tiles on plaster in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently doing up a property and would like to tile some bathrooms walls.
A couple of walls were out of square so they were straightened up with cement faced foam tiling backing board, the other two walls are conventional 1960’s plaster.
Block work with sand/cement render and then a white/grey plaster on top.
So my question is will 8mm porcelain 300x600’s be ok on the plastered walls?, was going to prime with SBR 1:3 water and use something like Tilemaster standard set flex bagged adhesive.
I did the maths and M3 of these tiles is around 16.66kg so with 4kg for adhesive and grout total 20.66kg. I know BS say 20kg on gypsum based plaster but is it really going to be an issue?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to 8mm porcelain tiles on plaster in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks