Search the forum,

Discuss 2mm grout lines floor 1200x600x10mm Porcelain tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Joseph Kover

We have to start a Harolds Shop in Heatrow,big area (over 1000 sqm) and just receive the details:
''Please see setting out drawing for Harrods,
Please note 2mm grout lines, the project has been set out as this''
I don't know if is right to do it or refuse to do it, BS is min 3 mm.And big tiles not help!
Won't be an easy one, good luck mate
Nice project though
On paper everything is easy :)

S

SJPurdy

The set out of 2mm grout lines is dependant on the tiles actually being spot on 1200, 600, 300mm dimensions. if the tiles are 1mm less then the joints will be 3mm to keep the same drawing set out; if the tiles come larger than spec then the designer may need to have a rethink.
As stated earlier the BS 3mm is a recommendation which it is wise not to exceed (i.e. go less than) unless someone else suitably qualified is taking the responsibility - presumably the architect/designer in this case.

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Luton
Start today the center IMG_1011.JPG IMG_1014.JPG IMG_1015.JPG IMG_1009.JPG

Reply to 2mm grout lines floor 1200x600x10mm Porcelain tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen