Search the forum,

Discuss 200sqm floor, prep discussion in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Thanks. Is a decoupler required? We use them with natural stone but from researching am led to believe with porcelain and a flow screed it isn't necessary.....?
It' not really necessary but it' belt and braces. If you think you should use it then do. It will cost you more if the floor fails.
Personally I would Matt it and tile it.

D

Dumbo

If you look at the difference in expansion between porcelain and anhydrate there is a difference. Not sure what it is but their is and over a large area it matters because it adds up . So I would very much decouple

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks. Is a decoupler required? We use them with natural stone but from researching am led to believe with porcelain and a flow screed it isn't necessary.....?
I would use an anti fracture mat. Anhydrite floor isn't prone to big movement but when heating goes on underneath you cant be too careful. it also gives the customer confidence in your methods too knowing you're covering all bases.

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
on an Anhydrite floor

IMG_2077.JPG IMG_2083.JPG

D

Dumbo

I would use an anti fracture mat. Anhydrite floor isn't prone to big movement but when heating goes on underneath you cant be too careful. it also gives the customer confidence in your methods too knowing you're covering all bases.
I believe from figures quoted by @Ajax123 on a previous thread unless I misunderstood that the porcelain expands more than the anhydrate

Reaction score
Thats great. Thanks guys. Will see the builder/owner this week and suggest all possibilities to him. We done a 150m2 porcelain one before Xmas with Ditra but that was on sand/cement screed. Have been using BAL rapid Matt on the last few floors (40 m2 plus) onto nu heat gypsum boards with wet ufh screwed down to glued and screwed caberdeck stuck with mapei S2 and then tiled with Weber s1. Floors seemed really solid. Time will tell....... Thanks for your knowledge guys

Reply to 200sqm floor, prep discussion in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen