Discuss 110v or 240v plus what Van in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

old n grey

Hi all first post. I'm new to the world of tiling and have a couple of questions first before I buy my tools whats the best voltage to buy 240v or 110v tools?
Also wondered what size van does the average tiler use, smallest you can get away really.

Any advice would be most welcome.

B

Brinkley

van no smaller then a dispatch.
look at the iload hyundai my next van proper a team van with 2 sliding doors and engine power to pull whales with

I

Ian

Get all 110v tools, you may think that you will never want to do site work but, you never know when you might need to. I swore I'd never do site work again after a bad experience, but, now that times are hard and work is getting harder to come by I wouldn't rule it out. It would be very dissapointing if you got offered work but you couldn't take it on because your tools were the wrong voltage. Remember, you can use 110v on domestic and sie, you can use 240v on domestic only (very few sites let you use 240).

J

johnryan

as above, you'd probaly be better off with 110 to begin with, and a transformer, to use all the time. start to build up your 240 stuff as you go. remember to get your cscs for site work too, as you can't go on them without it now.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
you need to sit down and think about what kind of work you will be doing , this will give you some idea as to what tools/van to buy.

if your going to start off doing mainly site work then 110v tools an a small van will do, if your doing domestic work only, including all prep work, then 240v tools and a large van, transit size would be better, as you can load up with tiles, sheets of cement board ect

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
i would get 110v tools , im sure at some point you will do site work, a transformer and your covered for site and domestic,

as andy says a transit size van imo, you never know what you will need to carry

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:To the world of tiling.

Since you are new to the tiling trade get 240v tools because it will be years before you'll be allowed on sites.
Just got a Peaugot Dipper - everything you need in a small van.

Good luck and stay involved with the best Tilers Forum.

Try tradetiler for his starter packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MTiler

I recently had to get a new van (after a muppet drove into the back of my old one and wrote it off!). I had a Ford Courier and now have a Ford Transit Connect with the high roof and side door and its great. But with the bulkhead 2.5m tile trim wont fit in the back, so I'll have to sort out a tube on a roof rack or even make a hole in the bulkhead for them to poke through, but I can get trim delivered to site for free anyway!
Regarding 240v or 110v some tools you can get as rechargeable.

cheers
missyT

Reply to 110v or 240v plus what Van in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks